Saturday, March 17, 2007

"A Lion hath Roared..." (see the book of Amos in the Book, or "Bible") "...When the Fig Tree was Dry."

"...I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart." (a verse from the Psalms)

1. "A lion hath roared,
Who shall not fear?"
Which lion? This one! Indeed, "Oh dear!"

2. Was I meant to roar like that?
Here's my opinion (hang onto your hat...):
"Yes I was, as a matter of fact!"
(Though, I admit, it was quite the "act"!)

3. Now, I admit, it shocked me sore,
When from my mouth proceeded that roar!
So, in the spirit, I made haste;
Straight/strait* did I go to the throne of grace.

* "Strait" can be looked up here: www.webster.com

4. Before the Lord, my heart I outpoured/"out-pored" ;)
"No problem-o!" did God's answer go!
"Uh... come again?" was my question then.

5. God then explained that, worry, he dothn't (contraction of "doth not" ;));
And when I roar, he thinkth (i.e. "thinketh") little of it!

6. This all the more, when in private I roar;
When by the sea, I may, quite, be free;
And "roar" my mind, and catharsis find!

7. Psalm twenty-two he brought to mind;
Where at the start, th'word (i.e. "the word") "roaring" we find.
"A time for everything, there's not?"
All this a deal of comfort brought!

8. Now in my soul I sigh "Relief!"
The man of sorrows - aquainted with grief,
Though, in his heart, was throughly kind,
Was not ashamed to speak his mind;
A let a good old fashioned "Sigh..."
...Flow from his soul...
...When "the fig tree was dry."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home